About Sparsh Clinic
‘Sparsh – Heal Thyself’, is a concept that emerged out of Dr. Aman’s and Dr. Alpna’s commitment and passion towards their work. Both, Dr. Aman and Dr. Alpna are the third and second generation in healthcare respectively.
Dr. Aman’s grandfather Late Vaidya Netra Pal Shastri was a known Ayurvedic physician from Lahore University, and one of the few licensed and qualified to practice the ‘Rasayan Shastra’ form of Ayurvedic Medicine and had been practicing since 1947 in Delhi.
Dr. Aman’s parents, Dr. Ashok Sharma and Dr. Poonam Sharma set up their practice in the name of ‘Sharma Clinic’ and were trying to combine as rationally as possible the use of some known herbs along with their Western Medicine Training from Maulana Azad Medical College and Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi. They between them have full prescribing data of more than 94000 patients spanning more than 3 decades.
Dr. Alpna’s parents Late Dr. G. Das and Dr. Aruna Das both were the Royal College of Physicians London’s esteemed Urosurgeon and Hematologist and have been distinguished doctors in their fields.
The concept of discussing diseases and patients at the dining table between the classical WESTERN MEDICINE TRAINED FATHER AND THE ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE EXPERT GRANDFATHER WAS NOTHING NEW TO DR. AMAN SHARMA. There sure was conflict and difference of opinion, but Dr. Aman grew up listening intently to both the views at their vehement best.
The concept of Integrative medicine had already taken seed during initial years. It was during practice that Dr. Aman got the answers to many unanswered questions in Classical Western Medicine by Alternative Medicine Expert Grandfather and many unanswered questions in Alternative Medicine were answered comprehensively by the Western Medicine expert Father.
At ‘Sparsh- Heal Thyself’ our core beliefs are:-
1) To give value and equal weightage to both the Western Modern Medicine point of view and the Alternative/Ayurvedic/Naturopathic point of view. Scientific evaluation is done by qualified persons in each of their fields for any disease and SAFETY in co-treatments is kept at priority to achieve the highest efficiency for patients’ benefit.
2) To treat people, not the disease and symptoms as diseases are usually due results of things like lifestyle habits and stress etc.
3) To try and see the patient as a whole not one system at a time, like a family physician of the good ol’ times.
4) The team comprises of Full-time Dietitian, a Naturopath, an Ayurvedic physician, and a Therapeutic Yoga person, Along with Behaviour modification and clinical psychology expert.
5) Trying to minimize the pill burden and reduce the use of medication wherever necessary.
6) To respect lifestyles, constraints and conscious choices of individuals to work with patients and provide the best possible solution in their given set of circumstances.
7) To treat the body first and see the results on skin rather than skin centric approach.
Need expert advice?